Friday, May 14, 2010

Nashoba Winery

Taking a trip East, another location I've looked into is Nashoba Winery.


This winery is located about 1 hour from the Boston Airport, which would make transportation easier than some locations, but not an easy breeze....

There aren't a ton of pictures on the website of the vineyards, but I really like the idea of having an outdoor ceremony and then the reception inside the on-site restaurant pictured above:  J's Restaurant
It would be cozy and intimate with a maximum of 62 people (+22 upstairs).  The menu selections look delicious, and not only are they a winery, but they also brew beer and make liquor!  All definite pluses!

Though it seems like a great option, there are some cons:
  • Transportation to/from the airport and hotel (closest is ~6miles away)
  • Not easy for visit trips
  • Boston-Area could be pretty expensive, though it would be fun to visit.
  • They don't allow ANY outside food or beverages, so if they don't make what we want, we're stuck without.
Pros:
  • Full-service wedding planning location
  • Gorgeous!
  • Excellent Seafood....mmmmmm
  • Boston would be fun for pre-wedding gatherings
Although I scouted this location, and there are a lot of things I like about it, I don't think we'll have the wedding there, but it helps me to narrow down what I am looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment