We booked our reception venue for October 1, 2011. Now it really feels official!
Luckily it's still 15 months away, so I don't feel stressed that we haven't made any other decisions yet.
We'll be having the reception at Black Hawk State Park Lodge. It's gorgeous!
Some of my favorite things about having this as our reception venue:
- It has great indoor and outdoor spaces. Guests won't be isolated to one space throughout the night.
- (It includes tables and chairs! I certainly don't want to have to rent everything!)
- They have plenty of space to accommodate the live band that we plan to have. And the park rental coordinator said the acoustics are excellent!
- It's set in a Historic State Park, so the woods surrounding are well-maintained, and even though it's early fall, we might have some fall colors around! Also, the lodge is so nice, that we don't need a lot of added decorations!
- They have a nice kitchen for the caterers, so that's convenient!
- They really include a lot in their rental (security, clean up, etc).
More to come soon...